Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Brandon Flood


Since my last post something big has happened. There right now is a huge flood in Brandon, Manitoba. What I saw when I was in Brandon last was a dike that was about two times the size of a car in height. Not to mention that every night there is a flood watch on the news. I learned just two days ago on the news that around 900 people had to evacuate there homes in case of flooding. I am now hearing that the province plans to open up part of the dike to let the water out. The only problem is that they will have to evacuate about 150 homes that are in the path of this water. The mayor explained that in order to save hundreds of homes they have to sacrifice these 150 homes. My only hope is that for the people who lose their homes will get some kind of compensation for their homes and their valuables.

No comments:

Post a Comment