Monday, March 21, 2011

The Fatal Mistake


My legs were beginning to cramp as I sat motionless in my hiding place. I tried to slow my breathing, but I could hear my heartbeat drumming in my ears. I wondered if it could be heard in the deafening silence. I felt my calf muscle tighten painfully and as a reaction, I shifted my weight. The sound echoed and it was my fatal mistake.

I would be caught now, it felt as if the world was crashing in on me. Suddenly I heard footsteps, they were coming closer and closer. I knew I had to make a choice either stay here and risk getting caught or try and run for it. I had to choose fast because the footsteps were getting even closer. I ran for it faster than I had ever run before, behind me I heard someone shout "I've got you now!'

Panic stricken I forgot to look where I was going and I tripped. I started tumbling down a hill and when I reached the bottom I landed in a mud puddle. Then out of no where someone taps me on the shoulder and says "Now your it for tag!"

I had been so caught up in my imagination I had forgotten I was playing tag with my sister. I guess next time I should stay focused on what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment